Striking the perfect balance between career and family has always been a challenge. Our schedules are busier than ever before, which often causes our work or personal lives to suffer.
When we feel a greater sense of control and ownership over our own life, we tend to have better relationships with our coworkers and family. Balance allows us to feel more motivated and less stressed out, which increases productivity and reduces the number of conflicts we may experience.
Four ways to better manage stress and conflicting demands of work and home life are:
- Take Breaks
- Make To Do Lists
- Unplug from Technology
- Build Downtime into your schedule
Scholarships Open: APPLY NOW!
As BELCO moves Bermuda to a sustainable energy future, we realise that tertiary education is more important than ever. BELCO is proud to offer exciting scholarship opportunities to Bermudian students.
Applications are accepted between January 31, 2022, and April 30, 2022.
To apply, visit: belco.bm/scholarships.
Partner Payment Centre Change
Please be reminded that as of February 4, 2022, our Partner Payment Centre at Somerset MarketPlace closed and was replaced by Somerset MoneyShop, which opened on February 7, 2022.
Location: 66 Somerset Road, Sandys
Mondays – Fridays: 9:30am-5:30pm
Sundays: Closed for BELCO payments
For most of us, February is a month devoted to showcasing our love thanks to Valentine’s Day in addition to birthdays and anniversaries, but the environment is not always on the receiving end of that love. Fortunately, there are a few ways to reduce the environmental impact of Valentine’s Day and February gift giving without losing the love and/or romance.
Here are 4 ways to make this February more sustainable:
- Cards: Cards are a great and easy way to express your feelings for a loved one, but perhaps this year you could embrace your creativity and create your own card out of reclaimed paper or if you’re not crafty, consider researching cards produced from recycled materials. Alternatively, this year, use technology and send an e-card!
- Flowers: Nothing tells your loved one that you care quite like a bouquet of flowers. Unfortunately, bouquets of flowers may last only a week or so. Why not give your loved one something that will last longer, like a nice herb plant?
- Chocolate: Buy fair trade chocolate this year. You’ll be expressing your love via the world’s best product and helping chocolate pickers receive the best price available for their cocoa beans.
Bonus: If you purchase dark or cacao chocolate you will also be gifting health benefits. These types of chocolate can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Gifts: Be creative this year and search out some eco-friendly gifts. For example, if you’re interested in jewellery, then select diamond rings/earrings/bracelets that were made using fairly traded diamonds. Alternatively, you could consider jewellery made from recycled items or a beautiful vintage piece to complement your loved one’s style.
At the end of the day, let’s remember that the best gifts don’t require you to generate any waste at all.
Energy Efficiency Tip
Many items that are switched “off” but remain plugged into a wall socket are still consuming electricity and therefore accruing costs. Identify these appliances and devices that really do not need to be plugged in when not in use (i.e. lamps, toasters, laptops, etc.), and unplug them.
For more energy saving tips, visit: belco.bm/blog.
Connect & Join the Conversation
We would love to connect with you. Our online platforms aim to keep you informed of what we are doing at the plant!
And don’t forget our website is a hub of information on all things BELCO – belco.bm!