Over the past few weeks, our ARP team has been working on establishing project boundaries, ensuring all required equipment arrives on site in working order, establishing project administration areas, cleaning out the interior and exterior of buildings, draining oil and fluids and Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) abatement. From the onset this project has had very little, if any, impact on the public and surrounding community apart from the slightly increased industrial traffic to and from the project site on Cemetery Road.
Over the next four weeks, the project team will be working on the following:
- ACM abatement continues
- Old power station radiator fan removal
- Interior building cleanout continues
- Exterior building cleanout continues
- B5 Warehouse 2 demolition begins following successful ACM removal
Once demolition commences, which we anticipate will occur around mid-November, the public may notice the following disturbances:
- Demolition noise from the construction equipment, which will be mitigated by limiting work to daytime production hours only (ie. 7:00am to 4:00pm)
- Localised airbourne dust, which will be mitigated by mist mechanisms and stockpile covers
- Increased truck traffic along Cemetery Road to remove building materials and engine components, which will be mitigated by flag men while trucks enter and exit the demolition site.