Over the past few weeks, our ARP team has been working on the following:
- B26 exterior dismantling is complete
- B26 exterior louvers are demolished
- B26 pedestal demolition test successful
Upcoming works for the next 4 weeks are expected to include:
- Continued demolition of B6 (Old Power Station) building
- Removal of B26 E1 – E4 engine pedestals
- Demolition of Centane Tanks
When demolition is occurring our neighbours and passersby may notice the following disturbances:
- Demolition noise from the construction equipment, which will be mitigated by limiting work to daytime production hours only (ie. 7:00am to 4:00pm)
- Localised airbourne dust, which will be mitigated by mist mechanisms and stockpile covers
- Increased truck traffic along Cemetery Road to remove building materials and engine components, which will be mitigated by flag men while trucks enter and exit the demolition site.
SAFETY & SIGNAGE
Project safety signage and project barriers are in place surrounding all demolition and work/project areas. All project areas are limited to the BELCO Serpentine Road campus only.
We ask our neighbours, passersby and campus visitors/guests to observe all safety signage and to not enter or attempt to enter any marked project areas in order to protect the safety of everyone.