Over the past few weeks, our ARP team has been working on the following:
- Removal of generating units E1-E4 from the East Power Station has been completed, including removal of all auxiliary equipment internal to the building. Removal of external equipment has commenced.
- Demolition of the centre bay of the Old Power Station is progressing. Demolition of the Old Power Station is approximately 50% completed.
- Old E5-E6 radiator fans are in the process of being removed from the roof of the E5-E6 Power Station. These were replaced by new ground-mounted radiators commissioned in May/June 2022.
Upcoming works for the next 4 weeks are expected to include:
- Continued removal of exterior equipment from East Power Station
- Commence demolition of engine pedestals in the East Power Station
- Continued demolition of Old Power Station centre bay
When demolition is occurring our neighbours and passersby may notice the following disturbances:
- Demolition noise from the construction equipment, which will be mitigated by limiting work to daytime production hours only (ie. 7:00am to 4:00pm)
- Localised airbourne dust, which will be mitigated by mist mechanisms and stockpile covers
- Increased truck traffic along Cemetery Road to remove building materials and engine components, which will be mitigated by flag men while trucks enter and exit the demolition site.
SAFETY & SIGNAGE
Project safety signage and project barriers are in place surrounding all demolition and work/project areas. All project areas are limited to the BELCO Serpentine Road campus only.
We ask our neighbours, passersby and campus visitors/guests to observe all safety signage and to not enter or attempt to enter any marked project areas in order to protect the safety of everyone.